Thursday, August 12, 2010

Session Six: Vertical Ornamental Penmanship

Ok, so this was a cool class.  I really enjoyed it.  First of all, I like it because you are writing everything at a 90 degree angle (straight up and down) and I'm much more comfortable working that way.  You are also using a straight pen holder as opposed to an oblique pen holder.


We quickly went through the lower case letters because they are a mix of Spencerian and roundhand, which we already learned.  It's the capitals that are tough.  Sorry, this pic is a little unclear.


The capitals have a lot of flourish on the bottoms of them.  It's a very interesting look.  I'm anxious to try it on place cards, I think it would look really lovely.


I tried my address out to see how it looked.  After I tried it, I asked the instructor if he could show the best way to do the directionals (SE, NW, etc).  He asked me if I lived in DC.  Very funny.

This was definitely the most outside of the box class.  I think tomorrow morning's will be equally out of the box.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment