Tuesday, August 17, 2010

IAMPETH Summary

I got home from IAMPETH on Sunday morning.  It was a great conference and I'm excited to do it again next year.

I still haven't taken photos from my last two classes, I'll do that later this week with a better camera.  I did want to post a picture of the actual classroom setting.  We were in hotel ballrooms sitting at tables classroom style.  They use a special video camera to tape the instructors hand as they write, and you can zoom in and out to see more or less detail.  It's a pretty fabulous set up.


It's kind of hard to see everything in the photo.  The instructor is all the way up at the front (in this case it was Don Tate doing Spencerian capitals) and then I was probably in the 4th row back taking the picture.

There averaged about 50-75 people per class, so it was a pretty large group.  The only unfortunate thing is that with a group that large, it's hard for instructors to come around to help you with your work, so you are going off what you think is right.

I'll be sure to post the remaining pics of my work from the last two classes very soon.  I'm also getting ready to start testing some new fonts on envelopes and other things and getting a new scanner, so I'll post those things when I've got them done too.

Looking forward to IAMPETH 2011 in Phoenix!

No comments:

Post a Comment