Thursday, August 12, 2010

Session Five: Weddings, Ink

So, no pictures because I didn't actually do any writing in this session, besides a little note taking.  It was more or less a panel discussion about running a calligraphy wedding business.  Nothing too terribly new to me, but a few tips and tricks that I think are helpful.

I've learned that I'm definitely one of the more modern calligraphers, when it comes to website design, and just general design.  The more well-established calligraphers can get away with less marketing and advertising since they've been in the business for 20 plus years.  It did inspire me to do a better job with keeping my website up to date and with new ideas.  It's nice to have something that you can refer potential clients to.

 

2 comments:

  1. How about some pictures of your fellow conference attendees?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few that I'm holding on to for later. :)

    ReplyDelete