Friday, August 5, 2011

Contemporary Pointed Pen and Exciting Florals

This class highlighted the fact that I have close to zero artistic skills. Or more accurately, that I have the artistic skills of a third grader.

I chose this class because I wanted to learn the font that was being taught. It was a much more modern and loose looking font than I typically use and I thought it would be far enough out of my comfort zone to be fun.

Unfortunately, we started with the "Exciting Florals" part of the class. Which included watercolors. Not like the ones that you use in third grade, real ones. Barbara Close taught us about how to create an iris and rosebuds using different brush strokes. I dissolved into hysterical giggles more than once during this part. When she came around to look at our work I told her that I felt like mine looked like a kindergarten art project. She said, "Well, maybe not kindergarten, but definitely elementary school." HA! The woman sitting next to me said that she probably would have done better with crayons than with the watercolors.

Once we got to the exemplar (set of letters), I was feeling more in my element and really enjoyed writing with this much more relaxed hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment