Friday, August 5, 2011

Beginning Spencerian

I cannot tell you how much I love Michael Sull. He's my calligraphy idol. I've said this before, but I have his DVDs, his books and just purchased his brand new book on American Cursive Handwriting while I was at the convention.

I've never taken one of his Spencerian classes so I was super excited about the chance to watch him teach Spencerian. Unfortunately, we didn't get terribly far, just through lowercase and a few capitals, but it was so worth it.

I started out a little scribbly with letters here and there.



I then started writing some names out.



My mom doesn't think that Spencerian is the most legible of the hands that I write, but I happen to like it. I'm almost at the point where I can work it into my regular font rotation.

THIS JUST IN: I actually just started a set of rehearsal dinner envelopes that are written in Spencerian. Will definitely scan a few in to show when I'm all finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment