Monday, July 12, 2010

IAMPETH Countdown

I've started the countdown to my conference in Orlando August 9-14th.  I'm going to a calligraphy conference hosted by IAMPETH (International Association of Master Penman, Engrossers and Teachers of Handwriting).  I'll admit, I'm a little nervous about this as I've never done one of these types of things and I'm not sure what it will be like.  I know that each day there will be two instruction sessions one in the morning and one in the evening but beyond that, who knows.

And, let's just say I'm not thrilled about going to Orlando in August.  I've had plenty of people say, "Well, you can at least go to Disney!"  Well, in theory, that is true, but in reality, I've been to Disney 9 times in my life and while I like the mouse, I've been there and done that.

The best part of all of this is that in the end, I'll have learned 4-5 new fonts to use for clients.  I'll be learning Spencerian script, Sickles Alphabet, brush up on my Engrosser's Script, and learn a few modern fonts for some fun new projects.   I also get to learn from some of the world's best calligraphers including Pat Blair and Michael Sull.

I'm hoping that this will help me to expand my business when all is said and done.  I'm hoping to blog a little in the days prior about how to pack ink to take on an airplane (learned about this from the IAMPETH newsletter) and while I'm there about the people I'm meeting and the classes I'm taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment